- 07 / Accounting
- Corporate – Golden, CO
- Percent Travel Required: < 5%
- Cost Accounting function for manufacturing and support the day-to-day Accounting function of vendor and customer payments and invoicing and assist in correlating the needs of all other Departments with the Accounting requirements.
- Monitoring unit cost variance, Implementing cost standards for materials and labor, Preparing cost of goods sold and production reports, Reconciling beginning raw materials, work-in-progress and finished-goods.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitoring unit cost variance
- Implementing cost standards for materials and labor
- Preparing cost of goods sold and production reports
- Reconciling beginning raw materials, work-in-progress and finished-goods st.
The Cost Accountant/Cost Analyst will be responsible for:
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program Reconciles finished goods inventories
Cross Training in Payroll:
- Facilitate Accounts Receivable/ Accounts Payable
- Functions to include processing and distributing incoming sales orders; generate and submit invoices to customers for payment; prepare deposits and post cash receipts; process credit card sales; update and submit monthly reports on various ongoing projects.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities, and actively collect on past due accounts as needed.
- Assist with the monthly close process and preparation of financial statements and analysis, including bank reconciliation, journal entries, and reports.
- Work within the MAS system to perform tasks necessary to serve as back up Accounting Manager in work ticket system.
- Monthly sales tax reporting. Monthly use tax reporting
- Review employee’s expense reports and code for entry into A/P.
- Ensure Services costs are entered into accounting system.
- Perform cost accounting function for manufacturing operations and inventory control.
- Perform perpetual inventory control for raw materials and finished goods.
- Create / edit manufacturing and work tickets (WTs) in MAS and JobOps to include accurate labor routings and bill of materials.
- Review, edit and post daily labor transactions, material issues from inventory to manufacturing WTs and projects and receipt of purchased goods for manufacturing.
- Maintain / perform inventory cycle counts.
- General Administrative duties
- Year-end filing of Customer Documentation files, Vendor files, Accounts Receivable files and Accounts Payable files.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience with MAPICS a plus.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Dependable with strong sense of integrity.
- Need to be physically able to function on the manufacturing floor to track work in progress, perform inventory cycle counts, view manufacturing operations for work order creation and maintain Accounting presence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must able able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required.
Limitations and Disclaimers:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties request by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficient